Movie Maker Directions
How to Create a Folder
1. Right click with the mouse on the desktop
2. ChooseNew and Folder
3. Type both partners name and press enter. Please instruct them not to name their folders anything else, but their names
How to Search for and Save Pictures
15. Click on the iconInternet Explorer
16. Type in google.com in the address bar
17. Clickimages in the top left corner to change to an image search
18. Type in a description of the picture you are looking for.
19. Browse page to find images. Instruct the students to look at the number under the picture that is followed by the letterk. This number needs to be larger than 30k. If it is not, the pictures will appear blurry in the movie. The larger the number the better.
20. Click on a desiredpicture
21. Click onSee full-size image
22. Right click in the center of the picture
23. Clicksave picture as
25. Click onstudents folder
26. Click onFile name and rename picture with a descriptive title
28. Use theback arrow button to return image
Opening Movie Maker and Saving Project
9. Click on theStart tab on the desktop
10. Click onWindows Movie Maker to open program
12. ClickSave Project As
14. Click on (students name) folder
15. Click onFile name and type in both partners names
Importing Images and Inserting Images
7. On the left side underCapture Video click Import Pictures
9. Click (students names) folder
10. Highlight all the pictures by putting the cursor to the right and below all the pictures, click, drag to the left and up to highlight all, let go and clickImport
11. Make sure the screen is in Storyboard view. If it is not click onshow storyboard in the middle of the screen. In storyboard view you should see a series of boxes towards the bottom of the screen.
12. Click and drag pictures into the large boxes in the desired order. If you decide you donít want a picture right click anddelete it.
4. UnderEdit Movie click View Video Effects
5. Browse through video effects clip; double click to view the effect
6. Choose an effect and click and drag the effect into the little box with the star in it. The star will turn blue when the effect has been successfully added. Add an effect to each picture.
4. UnderEdit Movie click View Video Transitions
5. Browse through video transitions; double click to view
6. Choose a transition and click and drag into the smaller boxes between the pictures. Choose a transition to insert between each picture.
6. UnderEdit Movie click Make Titles or Credits
7. ChooseAdd title at the beginning of the movie
8. Type desired title. To change font and background color clickchange text font and color. Click the arrow under font and choose a font. To change color, click on the box under color and choose a color, click ok.
9. ClickDone, add title to movie.
10. ClickMake Titles and Credits to add more titles. Read from the title choices and add titles where desired throughout the movie. Remind the students that they will need titles throughout their movie not just at the beginning and the end.
1. On the left side underCapture Video click Import Audio or Music
2. Select where you want to import the music file from i.e.my music
3. Select a song and clickimport
4. Click and drag the music track into theaudio/music row
5. If the song is too long drag your cursor to the end until you see adouble red arrow and click and drag longer or shorter
6. If your song is too short for your movie you can drag the music clip in again
1. Plug microphone into microphone jack
2. Check to make sure volume is turned up
3. Click onmicrophone icon on the tool bar and tap mic to test it
4. To record clickStart Narration and start speaking
5. Clickstop narration when you are finished
6. TheSave As box will automatically pop up when you stop, save audio in your folder
7. Importaudio clip into your project and drag into audio row
8. To trim, click on the audio clip in the timeline, move cursor to either end until you see adouble-sided red arrow and drag in or out.
Saving Projects as a Movie File
1. Once the movie is done selectfile, save movie file
2. Selectmy computer
3. Enter a file name
4.Browse to select a location to save your file
5. Selectok, next
6. Make surebest quality for playback on my computer is selected, next
7. Once the project has been converted, close out.
8. Open the file or folder where you saved your movie and copy and paste it to a flash drive or a server.